Marketing Strategy Workshop
Proactive measurement strategies set the foundation for digital opportunities.
We equip small and medium enterprises with tailor-fitted marketing strategies for their market.
Quantitative market research allows Facet to run the odds on digital opportunities with multi-channel opportunity models. Our approach is hardened by proactive analytics strategies and backed by cross-functional industry experts.
We build teams for success, and we never endorse a bad bet.
Waste Less Time on Bad Marketing Ideas
“Poor market conditions. “
“Launch too early.”
“Launch too late.”
“Consumers didn’t turn out at the retailers.”
“Distributors squeezing margins. “
“Customer didn’t get the concept.”
“Shoppers stayed home.”
—VP of Marketing
The list of forces that can strike down your products can go on and on.
To waste less time on bad ideas, we must build a model of the marketplace. With multi-dimensional maps of relationships with customers and competitors, we reduce the risk of being blind-sided.
Facet’s Marketing Strategy Workshop focuses on modeling the relationships each enterprise has with the building blocks of strong marketing strategies:
Empathy with Customers
Persona Story Maps allow businesses to model how customers feel during the customer lifecycle.
The Buyer’s Journey
User Story Maps allow businesses to model the functional touchpoints and customer journey from awareness through delivery to evangelism.
Consistent Communications & Messaging
Content Strategy Maps allow businesses to categorically model communications and content to create consistent messaging.
Opportunity Models contain quantitative market research to analyze competition, opportunity in the marketplace, and...
...all of this is just to help you to prove the opportunity in the marketplace before you waste a second of your life on another failed product launch!
Once we have an understanding of the most valuable opportunities based on the Opportunity Models, then we build a playbook for success....and all of this is just to help you to prove the opportunity in the marketplace before you waste a second of your life on another failed product launch!
The Playbook is Your Secret Weapon
The playbook is a fully groomed backlog of standard operating procedures to enable your team to successfully market their products or services.
What is in the playbook?
- A set of standard operating procedures with references, detailed acceptance criteria, and linked dependencies.
- Recommended Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track the success of the campaign.
- Detailed estimates for expenses and hours estimates for delivery so that you can measure success against the Opportunity Model and adjust your plan accordingly.
Who is The Team?
The Team consists of a composite team of your company’s staff (as available) and outside vendors or specialists as needed to deliver the opportunities presented in the Playbook.
Sometimes Facet is a member of the team, and sometimes not. It’s not up to us—it’s up to you (and the model) to determine whether Facet will contribute to the best opportunity.
Persona Story Mapping
Build A Map of Empathy With Your Customers
Emotions drive buying decisions.
By mapping the emotional motivators and demotivators for customers, we gain a unique insight into factors that will help you move them to the next stage of the buying process.
With a Persona story map in hand, we gain a new lens to look at marketing assets—ultimately driving discussions around whether marketing assets will build a bridge of communication with the customer and motivate them to the next phase of the customer journey.
Persona Story Mapping in Workshops
- Outline your key buyer personas.
- Build a map of empathy with your customers by defining what motivates them to buy.
- Use the map to build engaging email campaigns and content strategies that lead to conversions.
User Story Mapping
Visualize The Customer Journey
Understanding how customers interact with your brand is complex. With multiple channels, multiple devices, and depending on the complexity of your purchasing process—it can be easy to get lost.
By mapping the customer journey in a 2-D space we visualize how consumers flow towards a purchase and beyond.
User Story Mapping in Workshops
- Define the customer journey, interactions, and points of contact that need to be supported with content, messaging, and direct support.
- Visualize the user experience from a high-level, helping to identify opportunities to smooth the customer journey and remove all barriers to conversion.
- Prioritize development in areas of the customer journey which need additional features or marketing materials to expand the funnel.
Content Strategy Mapping
Marry Business Initiatives With Consumer-Centric Content
Consumers want to be understood just as much as companies want to communicate empathy.
Content strategy maps allow companies to leverage content governance to ensure communications are thematically consistent across all channels—building a bridge of communication with consumers. Consistent communication themes magnify the connection with consumers and build stronger, longer lasting bridges of empathy.
Content Strategy Maps in Workshops
- Build a two-dimensional content strategy map to visually organize content into:
- Themes - business initiatives or service offering/product
- Epics - topics important to your persona
- Stories - individual content pieces
- Align business initiatives with communications over time.
- Brainstorm key content strategies to build bridges of communications with customers.
Reducing Risk in the Marketplace
Through quantitative and qualitative market research, we map out the journey towards profits in your marketplace. Equipped with maps of the empathy, customer journey, and communications strategies, we then use quantitative market research and our proprietary opportunity model to apply conversion metrics to your business model.
With a quantitative opportunity model, we validate the opportunity you have to earn money and win market share across each marketing channel and campaign—reducing the risk of time wasted on campaigns that simply do not perform.
Opportunity Model in Workshops
- Develop models for costs, revenue, and conversion across each marketing campaign.
- Model the conversion rates for each campaign and create a model for optimization.
- Build a financial forecast for performance in the marketplace, modeling returns and market share growth over time.
- Review the model with you to ensure the expenses and timeline for returns are both reasonable and worthwhile.
Ready. Aim. Fire. Aim.
Proactive measurement strategies allow for easy adaptation to real-world scenarios. Shifts in the marketplace, poor timing, and various issues often arise. With a model in place we can adjust strategies but ensure we stay on target for strong returns.
With a data-driven team focused on growth by your side, get ready for lift off!